By using this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree, please do not use the site.
- When you use this website, you create and upload content including information on INNS sightings, surveying and treatment. By putting this information on the site, you are saying that:
- the content is yours, or you have the permission of the owner to agree to this usage, and
- you agree that the content can be used on this site, and
- you agree that this information can be made publicly available for wider use including download and use on other linked open-access recording websites.
- Information collected through this site will be stored securely at the Biological Records Centre and made available to experts for verification.
- Verified observations will be made available via the NBN Gateway. INNS Mapper data will be collated alongside other data and made available via the NBN Gateway by the relevant national recording scheme, or will be provided directly via the NBN Gateway in a dataset administered by the Biological Records Centre and/or the relevant national recording scheme. If you do not want your observations to be made available in this way, please do not submit them.
- Once verified records have been made available, their use will be governed by the NBN Gateway Terms and Conditions, e.g. use of the data for commercial purposes will not be allowed without written permission from the organisation administering the dataset.
- Verified observations will be ‘verified’ using images only, and thus are checked for species identification only. Verification does not ensure:
- Accuracy of location - INNS Mapper data should never be used as proof alone that INNS are present on a particular site/land parcel
- Accuracy of infection length/extent
- Please do not submit records to this site that have already been submitted via PlantTracker or iRecord, or any other online National Wildlife Recording System.
- You may view and download records submitted to this website by other users, but you may not republish them or exploit them for commercial purposes. If you wish to use the data from this website for academic research/publishing please contact email@example.com with a description on what the research entails.
- Your contact details will be held in a database at the Biological Records Centre and will only be used to contact you if there is a query about your records or other administrative purposes, unless you chose to opt in to email communication.
- Your contact details will not be passed on to any third parties without your permission.
- Your name will be stored as part of the record and made publicly available along with the species name, date and location of the record.
- If you submit a record of a species that is on the GB Alert List, the record will not be made publically available until it has been verified and the GN Non-Native Species Secretariat confirm it is ok to do so.
- INNS Mapper will remove records/not publish records if evidence is presented of misidentification.
- INNS Mapper administrators and regional champions may contact you in relation to INNS Mapper from time to time. You may opt out of this at any time.